Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sacrament Attendance Chart - September 22, 2013




As Jessica pointed out, it is important to always cultivate a personal testimony because, without it, the Lord cannot use us as His mouthpiece. We must be worthy. We must be willing. And we must allow the Holy Ghost to work within us just as Jessica did when she listened, without hesitation or fear, to the prompting to share her testimony with Lupe.

The LDS composer and performer, Kenneth Cope, added the following lyrics to the hymn "Because I Have Been Given Much":

Because of thy life's mission, Lord
I too will serve
I'll leave the comfort of my home
To teach thy word
I'll seek thy sheep who've gone astray
And those who've never known the way
I will make thy work my work today

As members who are not set apart as full time missionaries, we have the luxury of staying in the comfort of our homes. But that does not mean that the charge to serve the Lord and teach his word is voided. May we, every day, spread joy and love by making the Lord's work, our work. Because we have been given much, we too must give.


1 comment:

  1. From: Michael Armstrong-Smith
    Thank you to everyone in Tullahoma who made the prepare the way crew so very welcome a couple of weeks back. We were so impressed with your organization and willingness to sign up for the Coffee County fair. The results speak for themselves. My wife tells me that we get what we deserve in this life and you deserve the success you are seeing. We love the Tullahoma ward and are looking forward to working with you again on the next fair.

    ReplyDelete